Thursday, January 07, 2010

Seriously part II

I tell ya. If Axel decided he only liked needles he could get through a whole haystack and find that needle and touch nothing else in the process. I tried every last thing I had in my arsenal and I still couldn't get Axel to eat all his medicine. He managed to choke down the bute with some brown sugar and grain. But he did not want to eat much of the antibiotic. I tried the sugar, cinnamon, grain, those cookies I made, water, and apples. He can pick out a chunk of sugar and not touch any of the meds.

So it's no more Mrs Nice Girl. I'm going to mix the meds with apple sauce and put it in a de-worming syringe and force feed him it. I just hope I can get it all in one dose. I doubt I could get him to eat it twice or more. Darn horse.

His swelling hasn't gone down yet but he was perkier. He should feel pretty good tomorrow since he got most of his bute this time. His sheath was cooler to the touch than it has been in the past. So perhaps the swelling is going to start decreasing. Of course I'd feel better about it if he'd actually eat those meds.

No comments: