Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Still Not 100%

Horsie tableau

Axel is still not 100% but we're working on it. I tried to get him to move around a bit more in the arena last night. I clicked at him and he bounced around pinning his ears at me. I find it entertaining that I can simply click at a 1200lb animal and despite him being sore or sick he still tries to do what I'm asking though he's not happy about it. But he's going to have to get moving around. I'll probably try and lunge him a bit and get him to trot and see where he's at. It's hard to tell if he's sore or just stiff and lazy.

He's a little slow to finish his meds these days. I guess the applesauce isn't that great of a treat any more. It took us a while but he did finally finish just about all of it. I think there is only less than 2 doses left so that'll be nice when it's done. The vet agrees on massage and movement and said acupuncture might help as well. We'll just start with the easy ones first.

But boy is that horse getting chubby. It's kind of hard to tell if he's fat or if it's the swelling but I think it's mostly fat. He's round round round and is going to have to do some serious work when he starts feeling better. The next week or so is supposed to be warm so hopefully he'll get moving around on his own in the pasture.

No comments: