Monday, January 30, 2006

So much mud!

Only two short weeks of freedom left before I start another job. Well I suppose that's a good thing but it means less barn time. Went out to visit the boys today. This warm weather and rain has left the paddock and pasture a complete muddy mess. It must be tough getting around because everyone was up hanging out by the barn today. No halters and lead ropes today, I just went around and curried all the mud off of everyone and then I did manes and tails. Raked some of the manure out from under the overhang so there's atleast once dry, clean place for everyone to stand. Played some friendly game with Axel but he didn't want to play the porcupine game. Which was fine with me since he insisted on standing in the mud. Cody and I played some other Parelli games and he did really well. Slowly we should be working up to a good relationship. It'll just take some time. Right now he certainly knows me as the girl with the treats in her pocket.

No comments: