Thursday, January 26, 2006

Windy Thursday

Went out to hang with the boys a bit. It was a pretty uneventful day. Super sunny and nice out but a little windy so every once in a while everyone would take off running. Tried to work with Axel on some lunge work but I think we gotta start at the beginning. He had no idea what I wanted him to do. So we did practice some ground work, walk and halt. Couldn't quite get the trot in hand going. I let him go and went to halter Cody. Had the halter on but not buckled when the herd started running from the evil horse eating wind. Cody wanted to run with them but he stopped when he realized he had a halter on. He could have stepped away and the halter would have just fallen off at that point but he didn't so I rewarded his repsect by giving him a scratch and letting him go.

So after all the excitement of the wind died down the fun began... I think they call this, pass the stick.








No comments: