Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cody's Appointment

Just got back from Cody's chiropractor appointment. He definitely had some issues brewing. His left side was uneven from his right quite a bit which could explain how going to the left doesn't go as well. He had quite a few ribs out, I think 3 on one side and 2 on the other. And he was a little out at the poll. His neck is really stiff so the chiropractor instructed me to do some massage and stretching of his neck. The TTouch clinic I'm going to in a couple weeks should be a good addition. We walked him out then after some of the adjustments and he walked much quicker and the chiro said he was tracking much more evenly with the left. So we'll see how he feels in a couple days and if he'll go down the road a little happier. He did ask about what kind of padding I used for Cody's saddle and thought maybe some additional padding would help and to make sure the saddle doesn't slide back. So I'll have to see if I can find a low back pad that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.

S and her friend L thought Axel looked worse than the previous day so I brought him in to check hm out. He looked a tad worse since I rode him yesterday but nothing really of note. I groomed him up and checked for ticks and luckily didn't find any. His scabs are getting close to gone but there's still a few big ones that haven't loosened up yet. I fed him a double dose of MSM and put some DMSO on his knee before turning him out. He actually moved really well at that point so maybe the DMSO is starting to do something? I'll keep up the MSM and DMSO until I get his next Adequen injection and some Surpass to try.

No comments: