Monday, May 10, 2010

Spring Vaccine #1

Mmm grass.

I just made a quick trip out to the barn since it was cold and gloomy out. I gave Axel his Strangles vaccine, a couple treats, and groomed him up and wiped off his legs with the Norwex cloth real quick before putting some DMSO on his knees. He still didn't really react at all. I walked him back out to the pasture and he walked pretty well actually. He ended up running off when I turned him out, a little bucking and head tossing but still gimpy.

Handsome boy

Cody chased after him so I had to go fetch him from the far side of the pasture. He stood very patiently for his Strangles shot so that made me happy. He had some nice tornadoes in his mane that I had to get out and I brushed him off pretty quick. So overall not a very eventful visit.

No comments: