Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Pthththththth

This is how Cody felt about being ridden tonight.

Axel looked a bit better tonight but once he got moving a bit in the arena he started getting sore on that knee. I'm going to stop at Fleet Farm tomorrow and see if I can find some natural rubber gloves and then try some of the DMSO on his knee. I bought the wrong kind of gloves when I originally got the DMSO so I haven't gotten around to trying it and seeing how he'd react to it. I picked a second wood tick of the season off Axel today. Guess it's time to get out the bug spray.

Despite the tornado like winds Cody was super calm in the aisle while I groomed though he started in with the yawning when I got the saddle on him. He was even too calm in the arena and just did not want to move. J had Dolly in the arena again and he followed her around to the right with no issues other than being lazy. Once again to the left he was uncooperative. Next time we start to the left and see how that goes. Part of it could be the need for chiropractic adjustment but part of it I think is him wanted to keep his right eye on what's going on but can't do that when he's going left. He doesn't understand why he can't just stand and watch other horses work. After Dolly left we stayed in the arena and actually got a decent walk for a little while and tried to work on turn on the haunches again. I dismounted and untacked him and then asked for an extended trot and canter at liberty. He'd go right okay but would swap leads and directions when he was going to the left. I really have to get that chiropractor appointment but B wants to wait til June and I would have to wait til this session of WCR is over first anyway.

No comments: